One of the main benefits of running your own SMSF is the ability to choose from various range of investments to help build your retirement fund. As an SMSF trustee, enjoy access to a great range of investment options you can choose from. Fund investments can include the following:
- Shares and other Listed Securities
- Cash and Term Deposits
- Peer to Peer Lending
- Property within Australia (additional fees apply)
- Precious Metal (additional fees apply)
Cash and Term Deposits
Invest in Cash or Term Deposits in 4 easy steps
Australian Money Market will advise you when your term deposit is about to mature and reinvest your money in any account you wish – including a term deposit with another lender or back into your cash account.
It’s a fast, easy and paperless way to access term deposits. And all term deposits of $200,000 or less in value are backed by the Australian government guarantee.
- Select high-interest term deposits from up to 20 Australian lenders, including banks, building societies and credit unions.
- Through Australian Money Market, you can make automated applications online and easily switch between institutions.
- Just log on to your personal SMSF page to browse the available lenders and interest rates.
- Then simply use your mouse to select the institution you wish to open a term deposit with, insert the amount and approve the transaction.
RateSetters get more than a trickle by avoiding the mainstream.
With more lenders than any other platform, RateSetter is one of Australia’s leading peer-to-peer lenders. They connect investors who want a better return on their money with creditworthy Australian-resident borrowers who want a simple, competitive loan.
Traditionally, investing in consumer and small business credit has been an option only available to a privileged few, including large wholesale investors and the banks.
By connecting investors and creditworthy borrowers directly, RateSetter provides retail and SMSF investors a new option to access this attractive, established asset class.
- Strong, stable returns – Generate strong, stable cash returns by investing in loans to creditworthy borrowers.
- Provision Fund Protection – RateSetter’s Provision Fund is designed to help protect lenders from any loss
- Flexible Lending Options – Start with just $10, and terms between 1 month and 5 years.
- For all Australians – All retail investors, including SMSF trusts, can lend with RateSetter
RateSetter is a member of the RateSetter group, one of the world’s largest peer-to-peer lenders, which has facilitated more than $3.1 billion AUD in loans to over 340,000 borrowers.
Find out more about P2P lending with RateSetter today.
Property within Australia
Flexibility to Invest your Super Directly in Real Estate Property.
Australians have invested more than $73 billion in direct property investments through superannuation.
With Xpress Super, you can choose to invest your super directly in commercial, industrial or residential property.
Competitive rates and loans are available to you through reputable Australian lenders.